Italian Style Eggs in Purgatory
- Chop ¼ cup parsley, olives, garlic until finely minced together.
- Add in oregano and red pepper flakes to mixture.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil to the pan.
- Add parsley, garlic, olive, and seasoning mixture to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes to pan. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make 4 indents in sauce to place eggs into.
- Sprinkle with half the parmesan and half the feta.
- Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes, you will want the egg whites to be set.
- Finish dish with addition olive oil drizzle, the rest of the cheeses, and the remaining parsley.
- Serve with warmed Russo’s bread.
Russo’s Grilled Cheese
Makes 1 sandwich
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan
- Spread both slices of bread with 1 tablespoon of pesto
- Place mozzarella slices on the bread, then top with sliced roasted red peppers
- Place sandwich in the pan over medium heat, cover with lid.
- Cook until both sides slightly brown, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Crispy Prosciutto and Arugula Pasta
Preparation for crispy prosciutto:
- Preheat oven to 350 depress.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lay prosciutto flat.
- Bake until crispy (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- Let cool to room temperature and break into pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Pour ½ cup olive oil into a sauté pan, heat over medium heat.
- Add garlic to heat olive oil and cook for 30 seconds, do not brown the garlic.
- Add in ¼ cup pasta water, 1 cup parsley, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Take off heat and mix in pasta.
- After pasta is coated in sauce, plate into bowls.
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan.
- Top pasta with baby arugula and crisp prosciutto.
- Zest lemon over pasta.
- Serve immediately, pairs well with a simple Caesar salad.