Welcoming the New Year means reflection over the past year, as well as looking ahead to the future. But most importantly, it’s a great reason to have a party! There are a lot of ways to ring in the new year: an elegant dinner party with friends, a casual multi-generational family gathering or a quiet evening at home with your pajamas on and the fire blazing. Whichever way you love to spend your New Year’s Eve, these appetizers are quick and easy to make without skimping on taste. Enjoy before your meal, during your holiday party or as a midnight snack.
Asparagus Prosciutto Wrap
- Cut parmigiano reggiano into slivers
- Trim fresh asparagus to same length and wrap with Prosciutto di Parma
- Use a sharp knife, mandolin or a Y vegetable peeler to cut thin strips of cucumber
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, salt, pepper, marinated garlic, cheddar cheese, chopped peppadew peppers and chopped green onions
- Spoon some of the cheese mixture onto the cucumber
- Roll and fasten with a toothpick.
Mozzarella and Pepperoni Skewers
- Slice spicy margherita pepperoni into pucks
- Stuff mozzarella pearls into peppadew peppers and skewer together with a toothpick
- Top with a piece of fresh basil or drizzle balsamic glaze
Winter Wonderland Brownies
- Cut brownie into small, separate squares
- With a piping bag, pipe Russo’s homemade cannoli filling onto the brownie in a swirling motion to create the tree shape
- Top with sprinkles and powdered sugar
With many recipes, you need to run all over town to gather up the ingredients. Luckily, you can get all these at our store. Stop by, or check out our website at gbrusso.com.